The Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme (ESOS)
We helped a dozen organisations comply with Phase 1 of the Scheme. The deadline for compliance with Phase 2 is the 5th of December 2019 and we are busy taking our clients through the process. We offer a turnkey process and are very competitive.
ESOS is the UK’s response to Article 8 of the European Commission’s Energy Efficiency Directive – it aims to reduce carbon emissions by large businesses in the UK. Concerns with a turnover exceeding 50M Euros or with more than 250 employees are required to have an energy audit conducted or overseen by an approved Lead Assessor every four years.
Energy costs can be a significant part of an organisations
overheads and if not efficiently managed can be higher than need be. We
can provide a complete service tailored to your needs.
We always carry out our own surveys. An energy survey would typically comprise:
- Examination of utility bills to establish that energy is being purchased under the right contract, at the right price
- Examination of patterns of use against benchmark data to identify any areas where heating/cooling costs are higher than they should be
- Consultation with the client’s facilities team
- Physical survey of the building and plant
- Presentation of a detailed report summarising the current situation, areas of concern and recommendations for improvement where appropriate
- Specification, procurement and management of any improvement or remedial works as necessary
Where our clients do not have the resources to check and manage utility costs, we can provide a complete management service from initial procurement through to ongoing bill checking and energy reporting.